Vapor Life

Vapor life... My life as it is, as it should be. *********************************************************************************************************** Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep. Fran Lebowitz (1950 - )

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

iPhone- A Study In Business Ethics


I hate to say I told you so but just two months after the iPhone was introduced a HUGE price reduction. Today, appled announced new iPods, as predicted, and a new iTouch iPod similar to the I phone and of course had to lower the iPhone price to keep the sales ticker going.

So to the first buyers I say… Sorry bout your luck. Can’t say I didn’t warn ya.

Original price for the 8 gig: $599 now a measly $399.

Seriously though, this makes me made. Apple if you can still sell these at 1/3 less and make a profit, then what does that say about the first million you sold in the first two months? I know it was the BUSINESS thing to do, but what a way to treat your apple fanbase. Sure everybody does it… so it must be ok.

Here is an idea, be a REAL leader, Apple. Offer a superior product, at a FAIR price. Make a profit, but don’t break that back of the consumer just to make the board meeting go well. Steve: stock trickery not enough to boost your net worth? How about do what you love and the money will follow. Had you offered this at $399 at first, I might have one right now. Honestly I could probably come up with $599 if I had to, but damn. For these reasons and more, I am still not buying this thing yet…

But part of me wants to …

Damn Evil Apple.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home