Vapor Life

Vapor life... My life as it is, as it should be. *********************************************************************************************************** Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep. Fran Lebowitz (1950 - )

Saturday, December 04, 2010

The unglamorous side of flying.

For every hour I spend flying, there seems to be an hour of ground work. Either preparing, checking weather, making sure everything is current/up to date. You know… the boring stuff. This is for me a lowly private pilot, those commercial fellas have it a lot worse than me.

A perfect example of this is the bi-annual flight review that had to be done and this week. It is a mix of practical flying time and ground work that has to be done with an instructor once every two years in order to enjoy the privilege that the pilots license extends.

Its always a little intimidating having someone critique your skills, but every time (this will be my 6th maybe 7th review?) I am reminded that really the instructor is there as an advisor and as such more or a data resource than a authority. Once I re-learn this lesson and I do this every time, the other lessons are a breeze to catch up on.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 12:51 AM, Blogger commoncents said...

NICE POST! I'm glad I found this blog!!

Steve
Common Cents
http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home