Vapor Life

Vapor life... My life as it is, as it should be. *********************************************************************************************************** Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep. Fran Lebowitz (1950 - )

Thursday, March 03, 2011

This morning at 4:30 am ...


This morning at 4:30 am ... the dog decided she wanted to get up. She started poking me in the arm with her nose relentlessly until I obliged her protest by taking her out. Tanner does not often do this so I am thinking maybe she does not feel well and waiting another hour until her Girl gets up for work maybe a bad idea. Usually I find when a dog is trying to tell you something you should listen... at least most of the time.
So outside she went I waited by the door and was struck by the cold radiating off metal shop door.
Overnight the clouds had stayed away and any heat from the day quickly left as well leaving a cold , hard-packed snow surface that glistened in the streetlights. I could not help but think that it was like the cold unforgiving surface of the moon, all pot marked and alien in appearance especially eerie at this god-forsaken hour.

Tanner was back before I could finish my thoughts, something about too bad we don't have the lighter gravity of the moon... and she elected to stay downstairs as I lumbered back to bed half asleep still anyway.

I knew I would get back to sleep but I also knew that the alarm goes off at 5:30 again for the Girl and the trash was not going to take itself out. Those thoughts faded as the warmth of the comforter poured back in to my limbs making me wonder, for a second, if I had ever really been up at all.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home