Vapor Life

Vapor life... My life as it is, as it should be. *********************************************************************************************************** Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep. Fran Lebowitz (1950 - )

Monday, February 20, 2012

Alouette - wtf

OK remember that song you used to sing?
That french little ditty you used to know and had no idea what it meant?

Alouette, gentille Alouette
 
 
 Yeah, that one... it was in a commercial today so I decided to look up what it meant.
 
Yeah.. it was weirdly disturbing:

Alouette, gentille Alouette
Lark, nice lark
Alouette, je te plumerai
Lark, I shall pluck you
Naturally, the literal English translation does not match up well with the meter of the song, so a slightly less literal (but more singable) version would be:
Little skylark, lovely little skylark
Little lark, I'll pluck your feathers off
I’ll pluck the feathers off your head
I’ll pluck the feathers off your head
Off your head - off your head
Little lark, little lark

*sigh*

I have to stop looking crap up.


Labels:

1 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no Ben noone knows what you are talking about....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home