Vapor Life

Vapor life... My life as it is, as it should be. *********************************************************************************************************** Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep. Fran Lebowitz (1950 - )

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Dental Days

It struck me yesterday, as I was sitting in the Dentist chair, getting an errant wisdom tooth pulled….

Dentistry is really a pretty crude profession. Sure its better than caveman days but I mean to pull a tooth they yank it out. Sure we now have x-rays and anesthetics (thank god for that) but that still does not really assuage the fear and trepidation that you feel when that crunching popping sound races from your jaw bone to your brain registering …. Hey this guy is yanking out a bone. A bone out of my face. It took me years to grow and now Dr. “Don’t worry, I do this all the time” is just going to crank it out like yesterdays trash… twist, cruch, crack… there you go all done.

Seems to me, they should be able to zap it out or something. This is why you should never do the local. But the risks of getting “knocked out” is even greater…

I guess it could be worse; I could have to do it myself with crude tools ala Tom Hanks/Castaway style.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home