Vapor Life

Vapor life... My life as it is, as it should be. *********************************************************************************************************** Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep. Fran Lebowitz (1950 - )

Monday, March 08, 2010

Serious safety slip-up.


I own guns and knives and for the most part I am super careful with them.

These things are tools, and meant to be handled as such, should never be played with and demand the respect I afford to them.

That being said this morning, I cut the shit out of my thumb.

Why? I was uncharacteristically careless with a super sharp knife.

While I was bleeding all over the place it got me thinking. Given a long enough time line, it is human nature to get careless with things that we are familiar with. Take driving. People get really stupid, and the respect that should go with a 3-4000 lb battering ram gets lost in the “got to get there” attitude.

Even flying, I see pilots get careless, and do things that normally should not be done. Although I like to think for me, the adrenaline reminds me to be vigilant, mistakes have been made I can tell you even a little mistake there can be eye opening.

I guess what I am getting at is with today’s life style, it is easy for get complacent with everything we do. For me, I am going to try and remind myself … slow the F down and watch what you are doing.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, Blogger Andrew said...

Just glad to hear it was the knife not the gun. My dad shot himself through the stomach teaching my brother gun safety. Just one of his near death stories.

Get well soon.

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Beano said...

Damn.... someday you will have to tell me the other stores.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home