Vapor Life

Vapor life... My life as it is, as it should be. *********************************************************************************************************** Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep. Fran Lebowitz (1950 - )

Monday, June 14, 2010

Transference Issues:


I have a close friend who has some possibly serious health issues.

I am bleeding money from currently un-rented rental condo that has to undergo some renovations (costing more money) before it can be rented/sold.

I am still getting yelled at from people who don’t have/understand/want to hear about flood insurance making my work a nightmare.

The Girl is stressing about the living conditions of the girl, whose dorm in DC is apparently having issues making it virtually uninhabitable.

But what is really getting to me?

A fricken ground mole. A ground mole is tearing up the edge of my lawn.

That’s right, I have chosen to transfer all of my anger issues from above to a small furry rodent who is relentlessly tearing up a path between my house and the neighbors. I have to say that this was possibly the worst time for a mole to invade the area as I have admitted transference issues and this could quickly get out of control. I was “patrolling” the area his weekend hoping to spot the bugger hoping almost welcoming a confrontation. There was some visual confirmation of ground movement that caught me off guard and weaponless on Saturday morning. Rushing in proved fruitless as it quickly disappeared into its sanctuary of every growing labyrinth of tunnels. Yes this will likely only get worse before it gets better. At this point I am not willing to take any option off the table, even a tactical nuclear strike.

I am hoping to keep things from escalating to a comical series of events ala Caddy Shack (its not a ground hog but a ground mole BTW) but only time will tell how this will end. Meanwhile, maybe its healthy to have an issue to vent to… or maybe not. One thing is for sure, it is possibly the worst time to be a mole in our yard. For both the mole and I.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, Blogger Andrew said...

you can borrow super mole killing cat. he often leaves me dead mole presents on the back which i am very thankful. only one catch, his name is buckeye since it got him while i was at the osu. sorry

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Beano said...

Buckeye? Seriously? Come on now.
Kitty has volunteered... but since she it not allowed outside its making it infinitely harder.

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger J said...

I think we could sit on the porch with firearms and beer and night vision goggles till we solve this problem.

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Beano said...

I like it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home