Vapor Life

Vapor life... My life as it is, as it should be. *********************************************************************************************************** Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep. Fran Lebowitz (1950 - )

Friday, July 30, 2010

When Crazy comes knocking....


When Crazy comes knocking.... and other tales of dealing with the public.

(random client walks in)


Me: Can I help you?

Random client: (no response)

Me: Can I help you?

Random Client: (starting a slow counterclockwise jerky turn like motion as if trying to see who is talking in his ear. still no response)

Me: Sir?

Random Client: "I need my.... I need my..... "(pause) "for the plates...."

Me: "Proof of insurance your last name?"

Cleint: "XXXXXXX"

Me: "Stephen? I remember. Just one second Steve. I will have XXXX print that for you."

Client: "Who is Steve?"

Me: "I am sorry, STEPHEN"

Client: Who is Steve"

Me: " I was addressing you Mr. XXXXXXX"

Client: Who is Steve? ( more insistent)

Me: : "OK here is your proof. Let us know if we can help further"

Client: " I have lots of problems, just not with this office."

Me: " OK have a nice day"

Client: " I like this is says effective 2/30/10"

Me: " We must have wrote the policy 8/30 it goes 6 months."

Client: "What do you mean WROTE?"

Me: "Started. you know, singed up for."

Client: "What do you mean WROTE?"

Me: " Initiated... you know?"

Cleint: "What do you mean WROTE?"

Me: "Mr. XXXXXX, are you trying to give me a hard time?"

Client: "There is written, write what do you mean Wrote?

Me: " OK, I am saying it goes 6 months, obviously 2/30 is a fictitious date."

Client: "It is? I thought is came after February 29th and before February 31st"

Me: "Goodbye Steve...Mr. XXXXXX"

Client: Incoherent muttering as leaves.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Blogger J said...

he must be one of my clients too... I think I met that guy the other day on the sidewalk at 3:30am in downtown YPSI

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Beano said...

I an sure the two groups overlap quite a bit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home