Vapor Life

Vapor life... My life as it is, as it should be. *********************************************************************************************************** Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep. Fran Lebowitz (1950 - )

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Todays project # 5 : re-wire the vacuum cleaner

The Girls mother has a particular attachment to an old vacuum cleaner. Nothing else will self propel as well, has the long cord and has the bags that she likes.

We even helped her pick out a new one last year, but to no avail. So when this one stopped propelling, and the cord was frayed beyond safe limits I has to take matters into my own hands. I purchased a new 40 foot cord from the local vacuum repair place, re-wired/replaced the switch (that was triggered by an over complicated physical mechanism that I just totally by passed) and cleaned out the propelling system. Voila!

Sure it took me a couple hours but still. Well worth it I suppose.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home