Vapor Life

Vapor life... My life as it is, as it should be. *********************************************************************************************************** Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep. Fran Lebowitz (1950 - )

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Today we say goodbye to the Girls mother...

We took this picture at Christmas, and today one short month later we said out final goodbyes to a woman who was both strong and loving.  Just not as strong as the cancer that took her from us.
We can only remember her through the lives she touched and the love she gave as we send her off to a better resting place.
Here on Christmas morning she placed the baby in the manger a task she usually left to the children of the family. I would like to think that maybe she knew this would be her last chance before she met the real deal. I may never know. I do know that the end came swift and relatively peaceful for her and for that I, and the rest of her family, are grateful.
Two weeks ago she told me she wanted to teach me how to make her chicken cacciatore… when I had more time. I have been busy lately and did not realize that a few short weeks later I would be writing this instead of learning how to make delicious chicken.

Turns out I was wrong.

Godspeed on your last journey Ann.

You will be missed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home