Vapor Life

Vapor life... My life as it is, as it should be. *********************************************************************************************************** Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep. Fran Lebowitz (1950 - )

Thursday, February 23, 2006

United Arab Emirates To Buy Interest In US Ports

Ok I understand, everyone is upset that the Bush Administration approved the sale of several major port operations on the east coast and the gulf to the United Arab Emirates.

Although they are technically allies, they do seem dubious at best but lest stand back and take a look at this why don’t we?

Does anyone remember the 90’s the everyone was freaking out when the Japanese corporations were buying all that American property?

Look what happened, we learned some Japanese words started eating Sushi, and now its business as usual.

I mean wasn’t Sinbad just and Arabian Sailor? Look how good that turned out, well at least in the Disney version. Although I guess being in charge of port operations is slightly different than a swashbuckling cartoon.

I am sure there is more to the deal then we know, but how bad could it be? (insert mental image of USS Cole)

OK no matter how I slice it, it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth? I guess some things should just stay in domestic hands.

1 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Blogger Fatgracdaddy said...

I finally have a couple minutes peace and i log on to see that there are more posts and things i need to comment on than I have time to so :

Canada does suck

Shoes for illegals (how hard would it be to put miniature transmitters in them)

Planes are good but I need money to spend when you jet my family away to italy for a weekend

Port security is domestic responsability that we are failing currently ownership doesnt matter we have two choices deputize longshoremen... or stop goofin around and offer a Us army posting for all high school seniors that will allow them 1 year of service gauranteed in the US. and have them do it under control of the military, that would solve the border and port issues.

That being said mexican illegals built railroads, farmed food, contributed to every industrial service in this country and were generally treated like slaves. where are my reparations dammit

 

Post a Comment

<< Home