Vapor Life

Vapor life... My life as it is, as it should be. *********************************************************************************************************** Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep. Fran Lebowitz (1950 - )

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Reality TV... Not For Me.


Is it me or should we be worried about this reality TV thing.

All I am saying is it seems that a lot of people are really into this American Idol, Bachelor, Average Joe, Nanny 911, The Biggest Looser, Wife Swap, Fear Factor TV thing.

I watch TV to get away from reality, not to watch it. Come on now, face it sometimes reality sucks… taxes, bills, work… all things I want to get away from. Personally I don’t get it so I don’t watch.

But that does not stop others as you know.

Here is the deal, we are no longer trying to get away from reality, the American public is trying feel better by seeing that other people’s reality sucks worse than our own. Why else would we watch that train wreck? How sad is that. Have we have become the guy that feels better by running down others? I hope not.

Do other parts of the world have this obsession? I don't think so.

What I really hope is that we come to our senses soon, and get back the good old sitcom standard, with the occasional movie. As it stands now, Sweden could invade America and take us over if they just did it during a good episode of “The Simple Life”.

3 Comments:

At 12:31 AM, Blogger Flo said...

But then again, reality TV isn't really about reality. It's a whole bunch of fictitious reality, one you'll never have to encounter if you choose not to.

Or you could be like me and laugh at people's antics as they over-react on TV. :P

 
At 12:33 AM, Blogger Flo said...

Btw, the craze over Reality TV here in Malaysia is probably as bad as over there in the US.

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Beano said...

Glad to hear its not just here, if you know what I Mean...

Nice to hear from you ~flo~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home