Vapor Life

Vapor life... My life as it is, as it should be. *********************************************************************************************************** Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep. Fran Lebowitz (1950 - )

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Ann Arbor Art fair 2008


Its that time of year again, yes the Ann Arbor Art Fair(s) are in town and with it thousands of people descend, like scavengers to carrion, into Ann Arbor taxing the parking, the infra-structure and many of the locals patience.

I think they expect over 500,000 people over the 3 ½ day event.

Now that our office not no longer downtown, I have some mixed feelings about it. On one hand I miss the chaos and sheer magnitude of the fair that is actually made up of smaller fairs that in total create an uncontrollable behemoth that seems both rolling and magnificent taking on a life of its own transforming the town into a seething mess of people and booths as far as the eye can see. Its entirely crazy site to behold.

On the other hand I rarely see anything I want to buy and it becomes I trial to get down there into the mess just to people watch. It is always hot, and its always 10 deg hotter than it should be as there are just too many damn people there. Although I parking is not as bad as some make it out to be I am not sure I will go.

If I do, I will post more pictures.


3 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger Andrew said...

Told ya you were artsy!

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Beano said...

Just because the art fair is in town? Thats like saying your a pro athlete because you have a ffl.

 
At 5:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad to not be near it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home