Vapor Life

Vapor life... My life as it is, as it should be. *********************************************************************************************************** Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep. Fran Lebowitz (1950 - )

Monday, January 05, 2009

I.Hate.Plumbing.

I don’t mean to brag but I am better than average around the house at doing minor repairs. But plumbing, well plumbing is the sort of hell Satan keeps for really really bad people.

All I wanted to do is replace a faulty and archaic water filtration system under the kitchen sink. It was all but abandoned and I was tired of having a faulty setup and my significant other was tired of the Brita on-the-faucet filter so I bought a under the sink system and Saturday with a couple of hours I took on the task.

Honestly, the system went in like clockwork. It was awesome, and with the new push on connectors it makes anyone a plumber. As usual it’s the joining of the old and the new that is the problem. Once I was done I noticed the trap was leaking. When I touched the drain the old metal pipe disintegrated in my hand. This started a 3 hour fiasco that ended with me rigging the old into the new in a way that would make Davy Jones roll over in his watery grave.

I will not go into details but suffice it to say it no longer leaks and my water is filtered.
Of course a one hour project turned into 4 hour one and I was frustrated and so was she taking away from our plans for the weekend I.Hate.Plumbing.

2 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That was my dad... he could fix anything around the house (an electrician by trade). And then there was plumbing... he could do it but it took extra time and a whole lot of cussing!

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Beano said...

HA! There was a lot on cussing... that is very funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home