Vapor Life

Vapor life... My life as it is, as it should be. *********************************************************************************************************** Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep. Fran Lebowitz (1950 - )

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Another Day Another Lesson


Dear ...

Mass Mail advertisers.
Just because my name is Hispanic looking, stop sending me adds for (direct TV/prepaid Visa cards/insurance/pre-paid legal/anything else) ENTIRELY IN SPANISH. That's racial profiling douche-bags, and slightly offensive. Now excuse me, I have to go make tortillas and beans for dinner. I have to get up and get ready to go to work early in front of Home Depot.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Blogger Andrew said...

Did you get one from the farm? That would be classic.

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Beano said...

I get so many...I am not sure I even pay attention anymore. I think I did get one from SF bank once, but I was really ranting about direct TV and the like.

The OPTIMO MAS package! The MAS ultra package! Muy bueno!

 
At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This absolutely made my day!!!

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Clarita said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Clarita said...

What's offensive about this? I don't think it's racial profiling, just target marketing.

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Beano said...

I tend to get a little dramatic about stuff, and in general would say you are right its just target marketing.

That being said, some of the stuff I get is "pre-paid Visa" and other low income stuff. So Hispanic = low income is sometimes the message I get and that is more than target marketing. Besides i think if you name is "Smith" you have no idea that this stuff goes on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home