Vapor Life

Vapor life... My life as it is, as it should be. *********************************************************************************************************** Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep. Fran Lebowitz (1950 - )

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Speaking of being sloppy: Why texting is dangerous


(Hint: it has nothing to do with driving.)

Despite my previous post, I guess typing is not the solution either. At least typing on a cell phone.

Today is a good example.

What I meant to text:

Hi Luv… can you call me

What I did text:

Ho Luv… can you call me.

I guess “Ho Luv” could bring up images of other things, thankfully she knew what I meant.

It goes the other way also, incoming texts :

Text from tenant:

“I have the sent check for you.”

Does that mean they have sent the rent check (what I thought)

-or-

They have the Rent check waiting for me (actually what they meant)

This one lead to some frustration as I was waiting for something that was never going to arrive and they did not know why I had not stopped by.

The stupid thing: I do this all the time:

Typed/meant to say

But the iPad / buy the iPad

See you spoon/ see you soon

That shop has a boner car / that shop as a loaner car

You get the idea…so much for typing being the solution.

I guess I just have to be a little more vigilant.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very smart thinking RenBen...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home