Vapor Life

Vapor life... My life as it is, as it should be. *********************************************************************************************************** Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep. Fran Lebowitz (1950 - )

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Weird letter of the day: Amnesty International


Oh Amnesty… with your lofty goals and humanitarian efforts. I have never really found you that preachy. Sure your relentless pursuit of donations might be considered a little forward, but its a small price to pay for all the good you attempt to do.

That is why I am baffled on the newest trend in your mailings. When did you start telling people how to open your envelope? I am not sure how to take this. Are you saying I may not know how to open an envelope? I am just going out on a limb here but talking down to people might not be the best way to get donations.

Here is something else: if you are going to have instructions lets have them make more sense. “Remove contents from the front of the envelope”? Does that mean that I should forgo the traditional flap and cut right into the front? Or are you saying once the flap is opened that I should read what is in the very front first? If that is the case might I suggest you just put the stuff you want read first in the back where people’s eyes will be when they open the envelope the traditional way.

Either way, not sure I like where you are going here, maybe you should just keep to sticking up for human rights and leave the opening to us the unwashed masses.

Or not.

Maybe there more to know about running a huge charity that involves enigmatic instructions on the back of envelopes then I am aware of. I hope its not some bad translation from some third world cheap printing company because I hear some of them do not have the best track record… I am sorry look who I am talking to.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home