Vapor Life

Vapor life... My life as it is, as it should be. *********************************************************************************************************** Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep. Fran Lebowitz (1950 - )

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Impromptu Auto repairs… and other reasons its better to be lucky than smart.


The Girls vehicle had an issue last night. The windshield wipers just stopped working. The thing about driving in the snow is that you have to have wipers as the constant spray of crap from the car in front of you means you need to clear you windshield often.

So…. Last night I went out in the cold/dark driveway to figure out if I could figure it out. Honestly I was hoping it was some kind of fuse, but I could hear the motor running and see that then were trying to move so no fuse.

I then took apart the stupid layers of plastic covering until I could get to the linkage underneath to see what the freaking problem was. All the while holding a flashlight with my teeth. (note to self , add a headlamp to the wish list) . I could not get it all the way off without some major dissection, but I did get it enough I could pry it back and expose the pieces I needed. Apparently they just snap together and for some reason they had came apart with the weight of the snow/ice. I was able to re-align the arms with the help of a magnet wand and snap them back together.

Done.

Wipers functional, the Girl can see and I am the hero. Not to mention it saved us a service call.

Honestly it was a lot of luck involved proving once again its better to be lucky than smart.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AND now you know you need one of those head lamp thingys!

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Beano said...

True True

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger J said...

I like the asteroids effect.

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Beano said...

And I thought no one would notice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home