Vapor Life

Vapor life... My life as it is, as it should be. *********************************************************************************************************** Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep. Fran Lebowitz (1950 - )

Sunday, October 02, 2011

"Replaceing the garage trim will be easy" and other ways I punish myself.

Just because I did not have enough to do...

Really it was deteriorating at the bottom and it needed to be done. To prevent this from happening again or least to prolong the life I used cedar this time. I purchased it in wide planks that I cut down to the right size as all the widths seemed to be custom. The cedar I bought was rough on one side so I planed it down to just over 3/4 inch to mach the existing.
This did the trick and filled the shop with the amazing smell of fresh cut wood. Cedar smells so good. It did give me a sense of accomplishment and that almost made the time with all the custom cuts worth while.
Almost.
Still I have to say it was kind of fun. In a wood geek sorta way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home