Vapor Life

Vapor life... My life as it is, as it should be. *********************************************************************************************************** Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep. Fran Lebowitz (1950 - )

Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Po Po Pinocchio : Rise of the Mannequin

I don’t really know if this is common practice or not but my sleepy little town has taken to the habit of putting a uniform on what I can only describe at the local CPR practice dummy and propping him up in a cop car and parking the car and random places around town.

Today it was my streets turn.

I like to call it their mobile speed bump, it forces even the locals to slow for a day or two as you can never be 100% sure if it’s the real deal or not until you are too close for it to matter. Then then move him(it). Really they have been doing it for years and I must admit it does work.

It makes me wonder though, do they do this everywhere? Is this some kind of unspoken universal cop trick? I must remember to ask my brother.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Blogger Andrew said...

Classic! We don't have anything like that here, in fact it is quite the opposite. The West Lafayette/Purdue cops are everywhere. They are complete jerks and they pull people over all the time for very minor reasons. One time a cop pulled me over because "I saw someone in your back seat and it just didn't look right." -In retrospect, I guess we do have dummies in our police cars too.

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Beano said...

We get our fair share of people pulled over for no reason too. This is just there silent member. Running through our town is a major east west road that semi-trucks frequent. I swear we must make bundles from them as they are pulled over all the time. It amazes me up to see some cop out there blocking traffic and making some poor schlub go through hell as they get the mobile scales out to weigh his trailer.

Now that my brother J is a cop, I can only hope I can use that to my advantage some day if ever in a bind... ticket wise.

 
At 4:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No SPS or secret police shit here. If it works and a-holes slow down to do a doubletake then it works. I have heard rumors of a SPS book written and hidden in a vault deep beneath area 51 but find them to be unfounded.

 
At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SPS---- nice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home