Vapor Life

Vapor life... My life as it is, as it should be. *********************************************************************************************************** Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep. Fran Lebowitz (1950 - )

Friday, May 29, 2009

More Handy Life Lessons: If you deal with the public you are really just a mediator


Ahhh Friday….Another week has gone by. Early this morning I was once again reminded that 90% of my job involves being a mediator and a master at dispute resolution. Or more like a buffer between angry/crazy and the company. Here are some memorable quotes from this week.

When you start a sentence with “I have never been so mad in my life” its hard to get anywhere productive. Let try this again. Please calm down sir, we are playing your claim. The adjuster is not cheating you.

Yes, adjuster, I am just checking on the claim, but before we start I just wanted to let you know it looks to me like everything is going smoothly, right?

I understand that your payment is going up, but you have to remember rates can change even when you don’t have a claim, you are part of a larger pool and other things can effect your rates. Instead of getting angry, lets talk about a reasonable payment plan.

Hello? If you can’t hear me it’s because the person on the other extension is being loud. Seriously: someone on your end just picked up the phone and is loud. Wait…and now you just hung up on me because you heard the other extension hang up. Seriously? I am sorry did I call a crack house?

Just because its called “no-fault” it does not mean you cant be found to be the cause of the accident. Its really about who pays the bills afterward, you did get a ticket, right? I am not a lawyer, but I am pretty sure the officer was well within his rights to give you a citation.

It might be your neighbor’s tree, but it did fall on your house. We are not insuring trees we are insuring houses. See where I am going with this? It will be your home policy that pays for the claim, usually that is how it works.


Wow! I am talking right to you. When you turn to make a comment about me to someone standing right next to me I CAN STILL HEAR YOU. Clearly making your distain toward me known was your goal, you can just tell me. It’s ok. Are you trying to get passive-aggressive qualified as an Olympic event? Honestly I am not your biggest fan either. Really? You are a minister? nice way to live by example. Here is what you don’t understand: Your particular brand of crazy is so unique that you don’t understand that I have gone way so far out of my way to help you and keep a smile on your face when you are clearly just NUTS. Have a nice weekend.

Thank you general public for the weekly dose of reality.

(PHOTO CRED TO FLICKER USER CHHOLLYWOOD)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home