Vapor Life

Vapor life... My life as it is, as it should be. *********************************************************************************************************** Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep. Fran Lebowitz (1950 - )

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Why I love/Hate Apple… Today.


Recently my precious iPhone has been acting up, and I have been ignoring it.
It basically re-set it self and fu-cked up my iTunes to a previous version. Disabling my Genius results (meh) my pod casts ( meh) and my videos (wait what the F) . It appeared my music was pretty much un-touched.
So when it tried to re-set it self AGAIN, and I had to do some rigging to get it back in order, it created a Bunch of Junk files (what I have no idea because Apple makes it hard to just Browse the files on the iPhone from PC anyway) and filled the thing to the brink making me break down and call apple. I have to say the experience was overall good, they helped me back up everything, emailed me instructions (kind of insulting, like I was an idiot) and it fixed my phone. I have to admit their help was good, and it worked to fix the phone. The files, however, are still missing.
Now I have to figure out what is missing. Nice to know that I am anal enough to keep every receipt so I am in the process of figuring out what is missing, not easy because it did not effect a files from a certain time but rather just video so it spans many receipts with music that I still have. Scrubs, IT crowd, Blue Harvest, and Looney Tunes interspersed.
So why am I whining? What is the problem? Apple has the phone so locked down I cant just find a file and fix it…. No I have to call them, and they nicely treat me like an idiot and if they deem it OK , they let me have my files. The same files I already paid for. All sales are final, they reminded me, but there is a one time exception. Is it just me or is it crazy I have to go begging for the files I legally paid for and have a receipt for?
Don’t get me wrong, I *love* my phone but damn it, stop locking it down so bad. Please?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home