Vapor Life

Vapor life... My life as it is, as it should be. *********************************************************************************************************** Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep. Fran Lebowitz (1950 - )

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Dear GM: WTF



OK I get the whole, "we need to cut costs" thing but dropping Saturn was arguably the dumbest thing you have ever done.

Maybe its me but Saturn made a line of vehicles that were:

1) in demand
2) realistically affordable
3) good mileage
4) good in insurance rates/safety ratings
5) had a viable, respectable dealer network all set up waiting for a new leaner GM to take advantage.

So lets cull all that dead weight. Sure the whole Penske thing did not work out, but don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. That was a pipe dream anyway. I am sure if you look at some other lines (uhhhh Buick... really?) You could find somthing elese to cut.

How about 1 bizillinth of one of your fat cat salarys, or the espresso machie from your exectutive bathroom.

Call me crazy but this is a BRILLIANT move.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 2:41 AM, Blogger J said...

I like saturn.

 
At 7:31 AM, Anonymous princess P said...

I agree, and cutting Pontiac is a big mistake too in my book!

 
At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Josh said...

My Saturn Ion, named Isabel (Izzy for short), and I full heartedly agree.

Here are some of the lines they chose to keep instead of Saturn:
Buick, Daewoo, Holden, Opel, and muthafrickin Vauxhall!!

I wouldn't even recognize a Daewoo, Holden, Opel, or Vauxhill if I was urinating in their gas tanks! I thought Daewoo was cheap stereo equipment! Isn't Opel a birthstone??

I could go all day...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home