Vapor Life

Vapor life... My life as it is, as it should be. *********************************************************************************************************** Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep. Fran Lebowitz (1950 - )

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

So today was crappy:

So today was kind of crappy.

With the bad , some good things did happen. The girl got her new car. Most stressful things were resolved, and no one was seriously hurt. As far As I know anyway.

So in the end Tanner and I went back to our old friend the river for a walk.

The river, where we could relax, and forget about the day.
Tanner is older and it is getting noticeable, as much as I hate to admit it, that she has lost a step or two. In fact she is starting to slow with her age. So much so, she no longer minds to stop and take a moment just sitting there with me.

For a while, she and I just sit and watch as the water goes by.

Finally the babbling din of the river allowed me to forget the happenings of the day. In these moments the days complications were reduced to the simple sounds of nature.

It reminded me of something.

I sat there and forgot and forgot, until what remained was the river that went by and I who watched. Eventually the watcher joined the river, and there was only one of us. I believe it was the river.-
Norman Maclean -A river runs through it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home