Vapor Life

Vapor life... My life as it is, as it should be. *********************************************************************************************************** Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep. Fran Lebowitz (1950 - )

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Cool Gear - Skype + Webcam


For those of you who do not travel in the geeky circles that I do you may be unfamiliar with SKYPE.

Skype is basically VOIP (voice/video over internet protocol). Online voice and video calling software that works over a broad band connection.

For the price of a cheap web cam (we got two Microsoft vx3000’s at Amazon for $42) you can video call any Skype user for free anywhere in the world.

Since I close member of the family will be in France for 6 weeks, this is awesome.

Its *FREE* to make calls to another Skype user and its *cheap* to call a landline in any of 34 countries. (I will let you go to the site and check out all the details)

With 3g phones coming soon (June 6th 3g iPhone) and bandwith jumping up allover.

I have seen the future, and its Skypolicious!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Blogger J said...

I cannot comment too much but i think that the connectivity is getting out of control...seriously attach an implant directly to my retina so that anyone can contact me at any time and see through my eyes what im seing if they need to....sometimes I just want to take a poo in peace WITH NO PHONE OR WEBCAM OR ANYTHING.

 
At 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh J. A bit dramatic no? Although I guess u do have a point.

I however hardly ever feel the need to be disconnected. Or do I feel like it diminishes me as an individual.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home