Vapor Life

Vapor life... My life as it is, as it should be. *********************************************************************************************************** Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep. Fran Lebowitz (1950 - )

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Like Father...


Recently I was going through some old photos, looking for some of an old friend who is getting married. I have know him for most of my life so these photos span back to when I was a child and in doing so I unexpectedly ran a across these two photos.

They were taken years apart, one of me and one of my late father.

Both were taken at the same place: the family cabin.

The photo of me (I remember the day) was years ago, I was just a kid. The other one I have to take a guess at was closer to 40 years ago. Honestly I am not sure when. The cabinets had been changed slightly at some point along the way but it could not be more eerily similar.

Because my father passed before his time and because I often wonder how things might be different if he would have been around and how much would be have been alike it is some weird comfort to think these photos give me a clue. The answer is in the photo… we would be similar and yet completely opposite.

4 Comments:

At 6:29 AM, Blogger J said...

It is interesting...I have not been to that cabin in over 10 years.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Beano said...

J:
You should see the one of your 6th birthday... even more interestingly it is also at the cabin...

 
At 12:52 AM, Anonymous Ronnie Torres said...

That story is great....yes my brother (your father) passed way to soon. I ALWAYS THINK OF HIM!
He influenced me in so many ways that I didn't even know untill I started to grow older. How he grilled a Steak! The music he listened too! The Dress shoes he wore! So many things come to mind.
I have so many memories....RT

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Beano said...

I know I miss him too...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home