Vapor Life

Vapor life... My life as it is, as it should be. *********************************************************************************************************** Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep. Fran Lebowitz (1950 - )

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Speaking The Bank…


I guess there was some big fiasco this morning when a Brinks truck lost a couple bags of money while going down the freeway this morning near I 75 and Clay rd this morning in Detroit.

Imagine what that scene looked like, I guess money was flying around. It sparked a debate on the radio: would you grab money and run with it or give it back? Its really hard to tell what you might do in that situation, but it reminded me of a story from my youth.

When I was about 10, I was crossing Michigan Ave coming back from speedway getting some soda or candy or something when I stumbled across a wallet just sitting there in the middle of the road. The best part there was CASH in it. I could not tell you how much now but at the time it was a princely sum, at least to me. So what did I do? Well the right thing of course. I found his info, called him and told him I found his wallet. Needless to say he was happy and he came over, some teenager, and he thanked me…. and left. I admit I was kind of hoping I would get some little token of thanks . Oh well.

A couple of days went by, and some woman called me. It was his mother, she thanked me and said she could not believe but he had forgot to give me a reward but assured me he would be right by with a reward.

About a week went by before I finally lost hope. He obviously told his mother one thing and did not see the need to thank me any more than he had. Ironically, this did not sour me from doing “the right thing”. I am still the one that gives back the extra change, or tells my girl she should point out the mistake they made in her paycheck. I suppose this answers my question about the Brinks truck. I guess I would have to give the money back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home