Vapor Life

Vapor life... My life as it is, as it should be. *********************************************************************************************************** Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep. Fran Lebowitz (1950 - )

Friday, October 30, 2009

The other reason Detroit gets a bad rap:

Yesterday, ex-mayor Kuame Kilpatrick was in town testifying, trying to lower his restitution payments to to city of Detroit. That alone, my friends takes ALOT of balls. But check out this testimony (courtesy of clickondetroit.com):

Judge Groner asks questions:
Where he lives,
Who lives there,
Do you have a mortgage or lease?
Kwame says it’s a rental home, and he is not party to it.

Judge: Who is paying rent?

Kilpatrick: Um. I assume my wife is handling the rent.

Judge: Why do you assume that?

Kilpatrick: Because I’m not.

Judge: Never discussed it with her?

Kilpatrick: No.

Judge: Do you know how much the rent is?

Kilpatrick: No.

Judge: Do you have a lease agreement?
Kilpatrick: I don’t have a lease agreement.

Judge: Have you seen the lease agreement?

Kilpatrick: No.

Judge: Do you know how long you’re staying there?
Kilpatrick No.

Judge: Are you fully moved in or live out of a suitcase?
Kilpatrick: I’m fully moved in.

Judge: You don’t forsee living there in the forseeable future?
Objection by Michael Schwartz: says questions are irrelevant. Objection noted, overruled.
Schwartz: What is the plan? Objection. Overruled.

Kilpatrick: After the year I put my family through, I’m just trying to stay with them as long as I possibly can.

Judge: Do you work for anyone else besides Compuware/Covisint?

Judge: How much have they paid you this year unless you don’t know?

Objection… overruled.

Kilpatrick: My salary is $10,000 per month.

Judge: Has your wife worked over the past year?
Kilpatrick: I don’t know.

Judge: You paused, is there a reason?

Objection and overruled.

Kilpatrick: This case brought out some personal issues, I’m blessed to be with my wife so now that I am out of that
“that dungeon” I don’t know.

Judge: Is your wife working?

Kilpatrick: No, not for a company.

Judge: Does she have a source of income?
Kilpatrick: No… I don’t know.

WTF!

So you are telling me, you have know idea your you living arrangements for the masion you live in are met? Or if you wife works? Are you an idiot, or do you just think the court is? The lies go on and on and are so thick he should be slapped with a contempt of court fine just for saying that crap in open court! He goes on to say that he forgot to disclose a $240,000 cash loan to the court due to an "accounting error" and that he has no idea basically how any of his household is run, from home payments to child care to what his wife is doing has done where they will be staying and more on and on and on.

I say the City should call the note due, based on the fact the he is obviously not being honest with the court and the people of Detroit and the State of Michigan. Call the note, and if he cant pay the $800,000+ he still owes the city and if he cant pay, put him in jail.





Labels:

5 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I want that kind of deal too. Just live in a mansion and everything is magically paid in full each month with no worries!

 
At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kwame is a DB and should be shot for wasting tax payors $ on even having this hearing.Seriously you make my annual salary in less than half a year! Quit bitching!

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Beano said...

Its hard for me to imagine any one that would stand up to his BS! Yet we are forced to take it.

 
At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with everthing That has been siad on Kwame so far! I would like to say he shoud be put in prison for five years if he can't pay the $6,000 Monthly.Then he shoud pay for the cost of his incareration plus the $1,000,000 Fine plus court costs.
He should move into a three bedroom home and live like the rest of us. $1,200 rent will leave him about $3,800 more to pay bills and the utilities will be 1/3 too.

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Beano said...

true true....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home