Vapor Life

Vapor life... My life as it is, as it should be. *********************************************************************************************************** Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep. Fran Lebowitz (1950 - )

Saturday, August 07, 2010

A perfect storm of slowness …. A tale of getting to the airport



Mix one part Summer festival, one 5k run blocking off streets to the neighborhood… a dash of car show … a nearby air show and road construction from hell and what do you get? You get a trek to the airport that makes a Tolken adventure seem like a walk in the park.

Seriously if I had tried to think up obstacles to place in the path of my successful attempt to get my family members to the airport, I could not have come close to the putting all this crap together on one Saturday morning.

After going around and fighting our way though the pylon swam, and past the dark guards to the neighborhood, past the orange barrel swamp… to the airport they arrived on time.

It was only getting back to the office that was going to be challenge, one that in the end proved to be too much. Not on time anyway.

I can not say that no one got hurt, I might have strained some vocal chords yelling on the final stretch into the land of the office condos…. the Chevy truck going 40 in a 50 mile no passing zone while talking on the cell phone for a 10 mile strained my patience to the breaking point.

In the end I guess it was an adventure and I should be happy that everything went off without much of a hitch. Besides what would I have to complain about if everything went as planned this morning, right?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home