Vapor Life

Vapor life... My life as it is, as it should be. *********************************************************************************************************** Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep. Fran Lebowitz (1950 - )

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Tou bedroom kandough


Last night I met up with some friends in town for the holidays. L, who is Philly born but now lives in So-Cal, thinks it’s hilarious how we say things here… like when I was talking bout a property that happened to mention a “Two bedroom condo”. She giggles every time I say it because there is a little bit of the north in us…. So sometimes Condo comes out “Kan-dough”. It got me thinking… you never really realize you have an accent because you are from where you are, but there it was. I could even see it (or hear it ). So I decided to look and sure enough here is a list we, as Michiganders, say funny:

Click *here* or the link below:

http://www.michigannative.com/ma_pronunciations.shtml

Take some time when you are bored. Read the article. Laugh a Little.

Its funny because the further north you go the more Whiskaansony your accent can be don’t cha know. That is how I see it anyway.

From the list my favorite has to be:

"Wuds": Woods. Be careful in the wuds... it's deer season, an' ya got 30,000 unemployed auto workers, drunk off their ass, armed ta the teeth with high-powered weapons.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home