Vapor Life

Vapor life... My life as it is, as it should be. *********************************************************************************************************** Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep. Fran Lebowitz (1950 - )

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Cool App: Xfinity TV



Holy crap Batman ...
is there anything that cant be done in an iPad app?

If you have Comcast and an iPad you might want to sit down right now.
Take a deep breath. OK now continue.

I heard about this app before, and I downloaded it but I really did get it to work right. So I left it alone.
A friend of mine was talking about it the other day and I noticed it was mentioned on Comcast itself so I upgraded the app and re-configured.

Holy Crap- Xfinity auto-magically transforms your iPad into a giant, graphic. sorting, previewing, recording, big bad beautiful remote.

It sends a signal, over the interweb to your freaking cable b0x(s) to change channels, record TV and more.

I cant stress enough how freaking cool this is.

This is something for a free app. So I suggest if you have Comcast, and and iPad go get it and enjoy. I am going to go play with it now.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Blogger commoncents said...

THANK YOU for posting! I'm glad I found your blog!!

Steve
Common Cents
http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Beano said...

Thanks for stopping by!

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger mike_dish said...

Really isn't nothing new as I've been able to do this with DISH Network for quite some time now. And, as a DISH customer/employee, I can tell you that with the right equipment DISH also lets you watch your live TV and DVR recordings on the go. Add in the fact that DISH is cheaper than Comcast and is #1 in customer satisfaction among all cable and satellite TV providers and you can't go wrong. Should check it out.

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Beano said...

Recently I did go to the the Dish network and I like there app for the remote viewing especially. see post

http://vaporlife.blogspot.com/2011/02/dropping-cable-tv.html

That being said, I miss the ability to change the channel on the TV from the iPad... but the remote viewing more than makes up for it.

Thanks Mike!

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Beano said...

Apparently I was smoking drugs. You can totally change the channel, manger you DVR and more from the Dish Network remote app... so this trumps the xfinity app.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home