Vapor Life

Vapor life... My life as it is, as it should be. *********************************************************************************************************** Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep. Fran Lebowitz (1950 - )

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Oral Gadget


I find it eerie that on the day I have a dentist apt Engadget does a story (here) about a new “gadget” to detect oral cancer using UV light.


The VELScope:

Here is what thy had to say:

…“Visually Enhanced Lesion Scope (VELScope), this simple, hand-held device emits a cone of blue light into the mouth that excites various molecules within our cells, causing them to absorb the light energy and re-emit it as visible fluorescence. Remove the light, and the fluorescence of the tissue is no longer visible.”

Since I don’t smoke, and do not use chewing tobacco, I hope I don’t have worry so much about this. At least it will give me something talk to the Doctor about between the x ray and the cleaning…

Credits to : Engadget, Medgadget and National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home