Vapor Life

Vapor life... My life as it is, as it should be. *********************************************************************************************************** Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep. Fran Lebowitz (1950 - )

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Why I need to cool it on the multi-tasking...


My desk at work has, two computers three screens and a zillion windows wizzing by at the speed of internet...

So what is the problem? It should be a dream come true, right? The problem is my attention span is getting shorter and shorter, and I start reading the news headlines. The problem is I read them... but I see something else. Take today's headlines for example:

Actual headline:

Gibbs Scrawls Grocery List on Hand in Jab at Palin (fox)

I see:

Gibbs crawls for grocery's and hand job from Palin.


Actual headline:

Death of Nancy Kerrigan's father ruled a homicide (cnn)

I see:

Tonya Harding kills Nancy Kerrigan's dad.


Actual headline:

Lil Wayne Shot Nine Music Videos Last Weekend (MTV)

I see:

Lil Wayne shot nine times last weekend.


Actual Headline:

Prius success story stalls after recall (CNN)

I see:

Prius Sucks


Actual Headline:

Autopsy: Jackson had vitiligo, wore wig (msnbc)

I see:

Autopsy: Jackson had vertigo for wigs.


I really really have to slow down.....



Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Anonymous Milton said...

Palin's hand job just shows all of us what kind of dullard we are up against, I have not seen this since junior high. WOW and some call her a leader....please.

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Beano said...

Yes, she does sometimes seem to be one fish short of a polar bears lunch.

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger jenn_dorris said...

I must say... I find your blogs to be very interesting, quirky and yes... enlightening. Like a breath of fresh air. Very very funny. don't start paying attention now. Im thouroughly entertained my friend. :)

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger Beano said...

Awww.... Thanks.
I appreciate the compliment.

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Vy Duong said...

Happens to me sometimes as well. I will be reading a headline but see something else. Sometimes I have to re-read the headline a couple times to make sure I'm reading the headline correctly.

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger J said...

I dont see the problem.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger J said...

I have great attention to details they tell me if only my memory would work. I notice things well but shoot if i can remember what just happened or what I was talking about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home